Saturday, July 28, 2018

BUD K "Wahoo Killer" Utility Knife

Just a quick video review of a very handy utility knife for camp, fishing, and bushcraft activities. Priced at $2.99, it's a great bargain for the money. 


Basically, it is an inexpensive copy of the famous MORA "Companion". Blade length is about 4", overall length about 8", Weight? Mmm, I would guess maybe 3 ounces? Rubber molded handle and a friction fit plastic sheath. After receiving mine I sharpened it on my stones and it took a razor sharp edge, and seems to keep it's edge pretty well. 

I carved the 7 rabbit throwing sticks seen in the video and really didn't even need to re-sharpen, but just did a light touch up because I am fanatic like that. 

To my mind, this is a great knife to teach bushcraft skills to students, for training Boy or Girl Scouts, an economy blade for cash-strapped outdoor enthusiasts, or an understudy to your MORA. At the price, you can buy several and stash one in every pack and glove box. 

It also has a nice 90 degree spine and will throw sparks from your ferro rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment